Entries ♥

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Harry potter short stories extracted

Dear reader,
The story began with " my lord, their resistance is crumbling"
" and it is doing so without yout help" said voldermort, in his high clear voice. " "skilled wizard though you are, severus. I do not think you will make much difference now. We are almost there... almost." " let Me find the boy. Let me bring you potter. I know I ca find him, mu lord. Please".
Snape strode past the gap, and harry drew back a little, keeping his eyes fixed Nagini, wondering whether there was any spell that might penetrate the protection surrounding her, but he could not think of anything. One failed attempt, and he would give his position... Voldemort stood up. Harry could see him now, see the red eyes, the flattened, serpentine face, the pallor of him gleaming slightly in the semi-darkness.
" I have a problem, Severus," said Voldermort softly. " My lord?" saird Snape. Voldemort raised the Elder Wand, holding it as decately and precisely as a conductor's baton. : "Why dosen't it work for me , Severus?"
IN the silence, Harry imagined he could hear the snake hissing slightly as it coiled and uncoiled, or was it Voldemort's sibilant sigh lingering on the air? " My- my lord?" said Snape blankly. " I do not understand. You- you have performed extraordinary magic with that wand. " " No" , said Voldemort. " I have performed my usual magic. I am extraordinary, but this wand... no. It has not revealed the wonders it has promised. I fell no difference between this wand and the one I procured from Ollivander all those years ago." Voldemot's tone was musing, calm, but Harry's scar had begun to throb and pulse: pain was building in his forehead and he could feel that controlled sense of fury building inside Voldermort. " No difference. " said Voldemort again.
Snape did not speak. Harry could not see his face: he wondered whether Snape sensed danger, was trying to find the right words, to reassure his master. Voldemort started to move around the room: Harry lost sight of him for seconds as he prowled, speaking in that same measured voice, while the pain and fury mounted in Harry. " I have thought long and hard, Severus.. do you know why I have called you back from the battle?" And for a moment Harry saw snape's profile: his eyes fixed upon the coiling snake in its enchanted cage. "No, my Lord, but I beg you will let me return. Let me find Potter." "You sound like Lucius, Neither of you understands Potter as I do. He does not need finding. Potter will come to me. I know his weakness, you see, his one great flaw. He will hate watching the others struck down around him, knowing that it is for him that happens. He will want to stop it at any cost. He will come." " But my Lord, he might be killed accidentally by one otherthan yourself." : My instructions to my Deathe Eaters have been perfectly clear. Capture Potter. Kill his friends- the more , the better- but do not kill him." " But it is of you that I wished to speak, Severus, not Harry Potter. You have been very valuable to me. very Valuable."
" My Lord knows I seek obly to serve him. But-Let me go and find the boy, my Lord. Let me bring him to you. I know I can" " I have told you, no!" saird Voldemort, and Harrt caught the glint of red in his eyes as he turned again, the siwshing of his cloak was like the slithering of a snake, and he felt Voldemort's impatience in his burning scar. " My concern at the moment, Severus, is what will happen when I finally meet the boy!" " My Lord, there can be no question, surely? " " But there is a question, Severus. There is." Voldemort halted, and Harry coulld see him plainly again as he slid the Elder Wand through his white fingers, staring at snape. " WHy did both the wands I have used fail when directed at Harry Potter?" " I- I cannot asnwer that , my lord." " can't you?"
The stab of rage felt like a spike driven through Harry's head: he forced his own fist into his mouth to sop himself crying out in pain. He closed his eyes, and suddenly he was Voldemort looking into Snape's pale face. " My wand of yew did everything of which I asked it. Severus except to kill Harry potter. Twice it failed. Ollivander told me under torture of the twin cores, told me to take another's wand. I did so, but Lucius's wand shattered upon meeting Potter's" " I have no explanation, My lord." Snape was not looking at Voldemort now. His dark eyes were still fixed upon the coiling serpent in its proctective sphere. " I sought a third wand, Severus. The Elder Wand, the wand of the Destiny, the Deathstick. I took it from it from the grave of Albus Dumbledore." And now Snape looked at Voldemort, and Snape's face was like a death smask. IT was marble white and so still that when he spoke it was a shock to see that anyone lived behind the blank eyes. " My Lord- Let me go to the boy-"
" All this long night , when I am ont eh brink of victory, I have sat here," saird Voldemort, his voice barely louder than a whisper, " wondering , wondering , why the Elder Wand refuses to be what it ought to be, refuses to perform as lefend says it must perform for it's rightful ownder... and I think I have the answer." Snape did not speak. " Perhaps you already know it? You are a clever man, after all, Severus. You have been a good and faithful servant, and I regret what must happen." " My lord-" "The Elder Wand cannot serve me properly, Severus, because I am not its true master. The Elder Wand belongs to the wizard who killed its true master. You killed Albus Dumbledore. Whule you live, Severus, the Elder Wand cannot be truely mine." " My Lord." Snape protested, raising his wand. " It cannot be any other way, " said Voldemort. " O must master the wand, Severus. Master the wand, and I master Potter at last."
And Voldemort swiped the air with the Elder Wand. It did nothing to Snape, who for a split second seemed to think he had been reprieved: but then Voldemort's intention became clear. The snake's cage was rolling through the air, and before Snape coud shoulders, and Voldemort spoke in Parseltongue. " Kill" There was a terrible scream. Harry saw Snape's face losing the little colour it had left, it whitened as his bkack eyes widened, as the snake's fangs pierced his neck, as he failed to push the enchanted cage off himself, as his knees gave away, and he fell to the floor. " I regret it." said Voldemort coldly. ***
Back in the tunnel and his own mind, Harry opened his eyes. He had drawn blood, biting down on his knuckles in the effort not to shout out. Now he was looking throught the tiny crack betweem crate and wall, watching a foot in a black boot trembling on the Floor.
" Harry!" breathed Hermione behind him, but he had already pointed his wand at the crate blocking his view. It lifted and inch into the air and drifted sideways, silently. As quietly as he could, he puled himself up into the room.
He did not know why he was doing it, why he was approaching the dying man: he did not know what he felt as he saw Snape's white face, and the fingers trying to staunch the bloodu wound at this neck. Harry took off the Invisibility Cloal and looked down upon the man he hated, whose widening lack eyes found harry as he tried to speak. Harry bent over him : and snape seizrd the front of his robes and pulled him close.
A terrible rasping, gurgling noise issued from Snape's throat. "Take .. it .. Take .. it"
Something more than blood was leaking from Snape. Silvery blue, neither gas nor liquid, it gushed from his mouth and his ears and his eyes, and Harry knew what it was, but did not know what to do-
A flask , conjured from thin air, was thrust into his shaking hands by Hermione. Harry lifted the silvery substance into it with his wand. When the flask was full to the brim, and snape looked as though there was no blood left in him, his grip on Harry's robes skackened.
"Look.. at..me..." he whispered.
The green eyes found the black, but after a second something in the depths of the dark pair seemed to vanish, leaving the, fixed, blamk and empty. The hand holding Harry thudded to the floor, and Snape moved no more.

Labels: , ,