Entries ♥

Sunday, September 23, 2007

23 Sep 2007

Dear reader,
I went out to study with ming hui and wei lin. Half of a time we were playing and wei lin and I was laughing at ming hui answer. Her bio on Sexual reproduction was all on the mess. She eventually screw up all the part by naming the wrong name for each things.
I was surfing the net and at the same time listening to hokkien song. I tried my luck searching for hainanese language. It's so limited. I went through lots and lots of pages and finally came across a one blog talk about hainese things. I don't know what the comic was suppose to mean and went on to search for other blog. I decided on finding people who are hainanese. http://myveryownglob.blogspot.com/
He is a hainanese too. But as I view through his blog, what interest me was the words he use. The language use was so profound.
Just thinking about, me, whose dialect is a hainanese , can't even most of the hainanese. I remember my 1st aunt came to my house and speak to me in chinese. But later on, she was asking me to find a thing for her and she can't find the word to say in chinese and she say in hainanese. I was like asking her, what? spoon? fork? plate? lighter? IN the end she know what it is called in chinese. She wants a knife. I can't remember what it is called in hainanese. Eversince I was a kid, I having been avoiding speaking hainanese. When miss lim grandma went pass my house, I will called her Ah po, and she began to speak hainanese to me. Catches bit and pieces of her words and all I could say was orh.
Came to know that it is too late to learn hainanese as there were not many people who can speak hainanese and from hainanese dialect. Have you ever thought of within 42 people in the class, only 2 or 3 is hainanese whereby none of them know how to speak. Hainanese people will be extinct if no one want to learn that dialect.

Labels: , ,